counselling & therapy
In the following pages, I provide video answers to some frequently asked questions, including:
- what is counselling & psychotherapy?
- why seek counselling & psychotherapy?
- what is the difference between 'counselling' & 'psychotherapy'?
- what to expect when seeking counselling or psychotherapy?
- [Please click each link above to view videos]
I have particular experience with clients facing cultural, relationship, workplace, gender and sexuality issues, as well as clients with Asian backgrounds, including those who prefer therapy in Mandarin and/or Cantonese. I am also able to offer professional coaching from a therapeutic perspective.
Please contact me should you have any further questions about whether counselling & therapy might be right for you.
A partial list of presenting issues I can help with includes:
- Abuse & bullying
- Academic & educational challenges
- Addictions to substances &/or processes
- Anger & aggression
- Anxiety & panic attacks
- Artistic & creative challenges
- Bereavement & loss
- Body image issues
- Career challenges & support
- Communication challenges
- Cultural conflicts
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse & support
- Family relations & crises
- Gender identity issues
- Health & other life-threatening concerns
- Identity & questions around meaning in life
- Loneliness & isolation
- Professional & occupational difficulties
- Relationship problems
- Self-esteem & self-worth
- Self-harming & self-destructive behaviour
- Separation & divorce
- Sexual identity issues
- Sexuality & intimacy
- Social anxiety & social issues
- Spiritual & existential struggles
- Suicidal ideation
- Trauma & recovery
- Unfulfillment & disappointment